For the most intrepid winter adventurist, launch yourself head-first down the fastest sliding track in the world. The Whistler Sliding Centre is the only place in Canada where public can experience the rush of skeleton. Participants take off from the Maple Leaf starting point, passing through six corners and clocking speeds up to 100 km/hr. You’ll get familiarized through a thorough safety orientation before taking to your own sled and experiencing a rush like no other. Skeleton runs rain, snow or shine so it’s the perfect addition to your time in Whistler, whatever the weather.
+++ Public sliding will be available again in the 2017/2018 winter season, starting in December 2017. Summer Bobsleigh will commence on July 1, 2017 +++
Lightning on Ice
- "Lightning on Ice" will be available again in the 2017/2018 winter season, starting in December 2017.
- Cost for “Lightning on Ice” (2 x solo skeleton slides for one person): $179 + tax.
- 50% off the second activity for individuals who book both bobsleigh and skeleton (book by phone for the discount).
- Advance booking is required, full payment is required at time of booking.
- No prior bobsleigh or skeleton experience is required. All participants must be 16 years or older at the time of the experience and be prepared for a fairly strenuous ride.
- For more information, read the "Know Before You Go", or contact us (email or phone: 604-964-0040)
- Activity Location: Whistler Sliding Centre, 4910 Glacier Lane, Whistler BC, V0N1B4. How to get here
- We have a 48 hours cancellation policy, whereby any cancellations within 48 hours of your slide time will be non-refundable. Any cancellations outside of 48 hours from your slide time are refundable.
- Booking changes and amendments are subject to a $30 administration fee
- In the event that a session is cancelled (at the discretion of WSC) participants will have the choice of a full refund or re-scheduling