Whilst riding you will be feeling G forces of several times your body weight pushing down on your body & speeds up to 90 km/h or more.
Please ensure that you have met the safety requirements before booking our summer bobsleigh ride "Rolling Thunder":
- Participants need to be 12 years or older (if you are between 12 and 13 years old you will need to ride and be positioned in front of a parent or guardian in the sled, ratio one adult for every child).
- Participants under 19 years old: You will need to have a parent or guardian present to sign your waiver when arriving at the Whistler Sliding Centre.
Government ID is required at check in. Children without ID will not be permitted to ride.
- Minimum weight for the ride is 85lbs/39kg, maximum weight is 285lbs/129kg. You will be weighed at check in. If you are outside the weight requirements, you will not be able to ride unfortunately.
- Minimum height for the ride is 4’6”/137cm, maximum height is 6’5”/196cm. Your height will be measured at check-in. If you are outside the height requirements, you will not be able to ride unfortunately.
- You need to have the physical dexterity to be able to strongly grip the sides of the bobsleigh.
- 75 years is the recommended maximum age for this activity. If you are over 75 years of age you may participate providing you can meet the physical strength and dexterity guidelines listed in this paragraph.
If you do not meet all of the requirements outlined above, unfortunately, you will not be able to participate in our summer bobsleigh program, due to health and safety guidelines.
We do not recommend taking part in our summer bobsleigh program if your answer is 'yes' to one of the following questions:
- Do you suffer from any heart conditions or have any previous neck or back injuries?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Are you on any medication(s) that could impair your judgment or physical dexterity?
We do not recommend taking part in our summer bobsleigh program if you are pregnant, suffer from a heart condition or any chronic, recent or previous severe neck or back injuries or if you are impaired by medication(s). This is due to the pressure (G-Forces) put on the body during the ride. If you have any concerns please consult your doctor.
Please note that the potential risks associated with this activity may include motion sickness, nose bleeds, bumps, bruises, neck and back injuries, sprains, or broken bones.
For your own safety you must also:
- Have a basic understanding of English & the cognitive ability to understand/follow instructions
- Not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Not be taking any medication that could impair judgement or physical dexterity